RULES AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
Any extra time will be charged at $75.00 per hour per person in quarter-hour increments.
All students will have a BAS worksheet with Her/HIs name. You must fill out and sign this sheet before you start working on your project.
You will be introduced to all the instructions before your class.
The minimum age of children allowed to attend a class is 10 years old.
Students 10 yo to 15 yo with guardian supervision only.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUSED GLASS CLASS:
Common sense practices and keeping your working area clean are key for being protected while glass fusing. Before you begin working on your project be aware of your surroundings and make sure that the working area is set up for maximum risk-free performance.
Read through the safety precautions below and follow them so that your experience is worry-free.
1) Operate your equipment correctly.
2) Be aware of what is going on around you.
3) Use a brush to keep your working area clean.
4) Use tweezers to grab small pieces of glass.
5) Keep all hazardous materials in a limited area.
6) Avoid eating and drinking while working.
7) Wash your hands after leaving the area.
8) Wear a smock or apron to keep clothing clean.
9) Keep your hair pulled back away from your face.
10) Take extra precautions to avoid any unnecessary injuries while working with glass – small pieces of glass can fly into the air and enter your eye causing serious damage.
11) Wear a dust mask when working with glass powders – glass powders can be inhaled, especially when grinding and sawing glass.
12) Keep bandages handy for accidental cuts.
If you are not sure how to use provided tools or supplies please ask the instructor for help.